Monday, May 22, 2006

Why Did I Graduate From College Just Now, Even Though I'm Already 24?

I'm finally free!

Last March, I graduated from college, after 8 long years. No, I didn't take an MBA, med or law school, I was supposed to complete your average 4 year course. And yes, I had a hard time getting into academics. There was actually a time when I saw no point to finishing college. My first four years saw me flunk out of one university, move to another, and nearly stop taking college entirely. But I saw things through, and now am done. I'm now free to make my own money from my course, Digital Illustration and Animation, and I've decided to focus primarily on architectural modeling).

Now, for a graduation gift which I even don't deserve at all (kudos to my parents for their hopefully final indulgence), I received a laptop. Now I'm using it, still amazed about how having a mobile changed the way I compute. I've found myself searching for WiFi hotspots in traffic, while waiting for someone, and basically during other times when I'm out of the house and have nothing better to do. I've even You veteran road warriors may be amused by my epiphany, but keep in mind that I've always used a desktop before and I'm kinda backward when it comes to mobile technologies. My cellphone's a Nokia 1100, for crying out loud!

So I guess today's an exciting time for me: finally free from academics, finally free from wires. I'd like to think I've just scratched the surface of my newfound freedoms.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, it was never too late? That was a feat and certainly a reward itself. Congrats, finally! :-)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home